Saturday, January 28, 2006

My life has been rocked ever since yesterday morning.

The situation:

I awoke to receive an offer from a prominent investment bank in Hong Kong. The position is within a hedge fund inside their investment bank. It's a very attractive offer, I won't even go into the details but it provides a very competitive pay, lots of perks like free housing, etc.
The offer explodes in a few days, before I can even start interviewing for the New York internships.

The dilemma:

I am interested in both Hong Kong and New York, which is why I have applied to S&T jobs in both cities. While Hong Kong benefits from a booming China/India right now, I will not take a Hong Kong job if it means a one-way road career-wise (e.g. Not being able to come back to the states).

The question:

-HK would be fun and I could do it just for the summer and recruit again full-time in the fall of senior year... but then again, if I wanted to be in NYC full-time, why wouldn't I just take a NYC summer internship?
-What is your honest opinion on starting my career in the finance industry between Hong Kong and New York?
-Should I put in a few years in NY before coming to Asia?


The rest of my life will be decided in a few days...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home